Pages

Sunday 20 March 2011

Second Presentation and Preparing for Making the Final Machine!


Here is my second presentation explaining how far I've gotten with making the final piece for this module.

Starting with the title slide for obvious reasons, the second slide shows what I have completed up to two days ago and then goes on to explain my inspirations and further research and then how I am going to do it.

The plan is to create this in Room 108 in Scott, starting with the main drum machine first and then building the extra bits around it.

The theme is also going to be a tongue in cheek styled science experiment which will consist of different cameras filming the piece as it's runs through.

The examples shown are those from my previous post showing the main drum machine pieces I made over Christmas and finally I am thinking of exhibiting this piece as a stand alone piece on a TV in the main exhibition area.
The TV will be turned on by a smaller marble run which the viewer will set off themselves when they wish to view the video.

The presentation itself went well except I couldn't show the videos due to not taking my hard drive with the original files along with me, but still all went well and I just hope I can live up to the expectations people have for this style of work. :)

Other than that, all that is left to do now is to crack on and finish this piece so check back soon for the beginning of my final piece diary and making this project a (hopefully fully functional!) reality. :)

Take care,
Joe.






No comments:

Post a Comment