Pages

Sunday 20 February 2011

Beach Soundscape, the final Strand B audio File I'd forgotten to upload!

I thought I'd uploaded this one along with the rest but apparently not so here is the final (and most important for my piece I believe) audio file from the Strand B Workshops.
I know there has been a lot you've had to listen to but here is our groups idea for a beach scene, complete with annoying seagulls and a pirate or two! This was great fun and the whooshing sound you can hear represents the waves and was made by five people each wooshing "Mexican Wave" style at one end of the speakers whilst "up the beach from the sea" at the other end of the room we had the seagulls and pirates.
A great sense of positioning, space and believability is given by this piece as the microphones really helped us to figure out how the beach was lay out in audio, starting with the sea at one end then going up the "beach" to the seagulls etc.
The way the piece sucks you in to believe in the beach existing is what I want the music to do in my piece. I would love for the viewer to be sucked into the machinery and be really interested in how it works and why.
This quizzical nature is what I'm trying to create to give my piece the power, entertainment and interest factor it should hopefully deserve.

Beach Soundscape:




Check back soon for more on how the project's coming along, and in particular the research and work I have done over the Christmas holidays.

Take care,
Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment