Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Work from over Christmas :)

Here is the work I have done over the Christmas period. Essentially it is the main drum machine which will keep the beat throughout the piece and the tempo as well.

The first video is of the main machine showing it working on the tom and snare and then returning the marbles back to the elevator. This main drum machine took roughly 3 days to perfect to how you see it now, from scratch to perfecting the loop back:

http://vimeo.com/23425571

The second video is of the Hi-hat which will accompany it and took very little time to create since the main frame of marble run is the same one used for the main drum machine, we just had a go at the Hi-hats after dismantling the main drum machine:

http://vimeo.com/23426076

By we I mean me and my family and girlfriend Eden (who is in the videos), who have all helped out in some way, whether it be holding track whilst I moved pieces of actually pointing out and helping me figure out how the machine can work.
For example, to get the marbles back to the elevator we tried many different versions of hills and slopes along the run to get enough velocity to get back.

That’s it for this post as the videos have narration to explain further so check back soon for the extra research I’m doing for inspiration into where to go from here.
Take care,
Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment