Pages

Thursday 21 April 2011

Extra Bits From Finishing The Physical Aspects of The Machine







Here before we move onto the filming etc. are some extra bits of information etc. I wanted to point before the final shoot.
Firstly, the cat and keyboard you see in my post before the last (before I finished the physical machine) were taken out due to the fact that the final layout I have chosen was so much easier to work with and assemble than figure out how to get the cat to walk (the On/Off switch was on the bottom of the cat so very hard to get to with a marble etc.) and the keyboard playing only one key sounded rubbish if I'm honest.

Secondly, I have attached a video of the Guitar sensor in action so you can understand what I was trying to explain about why the sound will come out when the laser from the sensor is broken.
In the video I move the guitar sensor in front of the camera causing the sound and so just replace the camera with the marble holders on the elevator and I hope it's easier to understand how the laser (the blue light you can see on the sensor) is broken when you see the final video where that guitar sound is coming from. :)

and Finally I have added the final photos of the Machine, showing the full thing at the end and then in 4 parts starting from the drum kit and ending on the robot, all ready to go for filming. I was talking about how to show how much has gone into this piece without making it boring using long panning shots. Basically I just wanted to show the machine in it's full form but didn't want this to drag on so instead we came up with the idea of showing these final photos in order at the end of the film. That way I can show the machine completely but not in a slow and dull way. :)

We've also added a yellow/black/silver colour theme and the extra clockwork robots I had to cover up the Blu-Tack and Duct Tape fixtures throughout the piece, and tie it all together with what I believe is a professional look and feel and I hope you agree it works well.
The robots were going to walk off the edge along with the Daddy Fantastic robot but didn't have On/Off switches and so I couldn't keep them stationary until set off, they just kept walking if wound up.
So instead I have placed them throughout the piece to pretend to hold up track/maintain the piece, which again links to the influence I had of clockwork, cogs and gears and machinery sustaining machinery, which rounds off the feel of this being a machine and robotics inspired piece nicely in my opinion. :)

That's it for now but check back soon to find out how the filming went and how editing went as well. :)

Take care,
Joe.






No comments:

Post a Comment