Pages

Thursday 13 January 2011

Back to Uni and Poo Hits the Fan

I went back to uni this week and in some ways I'm glad and in others I'm not.
Firstly to get the bad out of the way it turns out my first scenes are subject to copyright, along with the first calendar transition because I have a "Family Guy" poster up and a Scooby Doo t-shirt on. This now means I can't use those scenes and since I don't want to go through shaving my beard off all over again, I have decided to open my documentary with a montage of famous beards and facial hair.
To do this (and here comes the good news) I have gone onto the Prelinger Archive where they have a vast selection of royalty free videos and images.
From here I have made the montage of such greats as Mr.T, Chuck Norris, Henry VIII, Santa Claus and a few others which I am now going to have playing whilst a narration goes over the top.
It is from here on in that I have started working a lot harder to get this documentary done in time but with enough time for me to be able to fix things should they need be.

Following on making this first montage I then made the second one about December 2010 and so if I'm honest this little hiccup of copyright has actually given me the boost I needed to keep going and get this all done in time for the deadline. It's still miles away but I've had a lot of stress trying to finish MEDI 262 (Experimental Animation) and so now that that is slowly getting done I can try and balance the two. I hope.

Anyway enough doom and gloom the bottom line is I have finished the two montages and although panic and stress are sinking in a little I need to keep reminding myself that I've taken on a lot but I'm on target.

Check back soon after MEDI 262 is finished and I should be of a calmer disposition and be able to tell you what else I've finished.

Take care,
Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment